Fix Chrome’s ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR Permanently
You might be facing ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR in your Google Chrome browser while surfing some specific websites such as Gmail, Youtube, Wikipedia. There can be various reasons for this error. Generally, this error occurs while surfing Google sites. How to Fix Chrome’s ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR Permanently
This is a general error and happens many a time in Google Chrome. It can be solved easily with some simple methods which we have mentioned below. There are many guides available on the Internet to fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR error, but many of them don’t work or seems quite typical to follow.
Fix Chrome’s ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR Permanetly
This is just a common error for Google Chrome browser, and it starts appearing unexpectedly. Recently a few days back I was also facing the same error, and then I tried to resolve it myself by clearing caches, resetting settings, but none of these worked for me. Later I found some cool ways to get rid of this error which is as mentioned below. You just need to follow below-given steps, and then you will be able to get rid of ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR.
Method #1 to Fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR
- Open Google Chrome browser and copy paste this address in your browser’s URL bar chrome://net-internals/#sockets
- Now click on “Flush Socket Pools”.
- That’s it, Now you will not face ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR anymore.
Method #2 Clear Cache and Cookies of Browser
If the above mentioned method didn’t work for you then here is another solution to fix this error. This method is based on clearing caches & cookies of the browser which may help you to fix this error.
- Enter this address in your Chrome’s URL bar chrome://settings.
- Scroll down and click on Show Advanced Settings
- Click on Clear Browsing Data under the Privacy section.
- Now select the following items “Cookies & other site and plugins data” and “Cached images and files”. Deselect all other options.
- Now click on “Clear Browsing”.
- That’s it, Now you will not face ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR in Google Chrome browser.
Method #3 Reinstall Google Chrome Browser
I hope that the error might have got fixed by the above given methods. But if it still persists then it’s an exception case and the last attempt which remains is of Reinstalling the browser. So, if issue still persists then you will have to Reinstall the browser and the error will be fixed after Reinstalling the browser.
- At first Uninstall Google Chrome browser from your system completely.
- Now download setup of Google Chrome from it’s official website.
- Install Google Chrome succesffully once again.
- That’s it, Now you will not face that error anymore.
I hope you liked the article and successfully got rid of ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR. But if the error persists or you having any query related to this error then feel free to ask it below in the comments section. We would be happy to hear from you. Also, don’t forget to share this guide with your friends.